My birthday is coming up soon and I will finally be turning 18- it feels like I have been waiting for this moment for way too long. As turning 18 is meant to be quite a big deal, I wanted to do a blog post centred around it and thought I would tell you guys 18 different things I have learnt in 18 years.
- Everything happens for a reason (my favourite quote, which I live by)
- Not everyone has the same good intentions that you have and that’s ok, don’t let it affect you
- People change and sometimes that can be for good but mostly it’s for the bad and there’s nothing you can do about it- learn to cope or walk away
- Things can only get better- you can have the worst day and want to give up but things will eventually improve
- Always be yourself, don’t ever change for anyone or anything
- Coffee is your saviour (especially when you’re a student or you never sleep)
- Know your place in a situation/ argument- apologise when you’re wrong but keep grounded if you know you’re right
- It’s ok not to have your life figured out or have any clue what you want to do, everything will work out in the end.
- Keep yourself to yourself, social media doesn’t define you- your whole life doesn’t have to be portrayed through Instagram or Twitter
- People will leave you even if they promised that they wouldn’t- this is ok, pick yourself up and move on
- Your family are your best friends, always put them first.
- Remember that there is no such thing as a ‘perfect’ life or a ‘flawless’ person- nothing can be completely perfect
- Always work your hardest- you will only get out what you put in
- Know who your true friends are, focus on them and be wary of others
- Teachers don’t know everything and aren’t always in the right, but be respectful and value your time in school and the lessons you learn.
- Take photos of anything special or fun that you do, they will always be valuable to you and will provide good memories to think back on
- Remember that you need to get off your phone at times and enjoy what is going on around you and cherish the moments you’re experiencing.
- Finally- try and make something out of each and every day and value everything you experience.
What are some of the things you have learnt over the years?